In Part 2, we have two more guests who will tell us about the violence police face everyday. Cst. Jenna Carver and her partner Cst. Lisa Forcier were both assaulted in the course of their duties; Jenna was punched in the face and she can't get the images out of her head watching Lisa being assaulted. Jenna describes the feeling of waiting, seemingly forever, for help to arrive and how satisfying it is to have her colleagues come to her aid.
Cst. Kris Greffard then talks about watching her close friend and our podcast team member Todd Mason be struck by a stolen vehicle while on duty in the 900 Block of Pandora Avenue. Todd Mason is well known amongst the street population and by those who help manage them, he is a caring individual and he will be off work for months now. Kris shares her thoughts with us and how terrible this event was.
Both of these events further highlight the violence being brought onto police officers while serving a protecting. This episode also serves as evidence that our mental health system is broken and not accountable for the random violence that police and others suffer when clients are turned back out in the community without real treatment and care.
We need to do better.
More about the Victoria City Police Union (VCPU):
- Tweet us at https://twitter.com/VicPD_Union
- Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/vicpd_union/
- Find us on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/truebluevictoria/
- Visit our website for information at https://truebluevic.ca/
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any media inquiries or requests to be on the True Blue Podcast